Looking to reserve a space on campus for your event? Look through the MU’s availability for the quad, plaza, and MU rooms at https://mu.oregonstate.edu/reserve-space.

Looking to reserve elsewhere? Browse through the other event space options below for some ideas!

The Memorial Union manages 15 indoor rooms (including for meetings, presentations, conference rooms, and special events), the MU Quad and the SEC Plaza. Note that event reservations can be made up to a year in advance, and large event spaces can get booked up quickly. Visit their Our Spaces page for information about room capacity and features, pricing, and policies. You can also access permits that you may need for your event. After making your reservation, be sure to review the information on their Policies page

Browse availability and reserve space online. If you have not done so already, you'll need to register and be approved for an account through the Event Management System (EMS). It is important to remember that this is a separate account from your ONID. Assuming your organization is currently recognized, your account should be approved within about 1 week, and you'll be free to make reservations online from that point forward. To make a reservation in the meantime, call 541.737.2416 or email reservations@oregonstate.edu

There are many classroom spaces that currently recognized student organizations may reserve for meetings and events.  See the general classroom guide on the Office of the Registrar website to learn more about the different types of classrooms and their attributes. Use the webviewer to check availability.

If you are planning an event that is open to the public, anticipating a profit, or if there is an off-campus group involved, contact OSU Conference Services

For general meeting space, reserve rooms through the Registrar’s schedule desk.  Each term email schedule@oregonstate.edu to request a CRN number for your organization.  Once you've attained a CRN, you can put in a request using the webviewer.

In order to reserve AV equipment in these spaces, contact Student Multimedia Services at (541) 737-3332 a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the meeting or event. Faculty/staff may also request multimedia event support

Things to Consider
  • Reservations are tentative until two (2) weeks prior to the event. Academics are the first priority for classroom space, and if needed, can “bump” student events up to two (2) weeks before the event.
  • Your event might need door control and security services.
  • Food and drink are not allowed in classroom spaces.
  • Study sessions are not allowed in general purpose classrooms.
  • Rooms in LInC (Learning Innovation Center) and Milam Auditorium may require a fee for use. 

UHDS has several conference and meeting rooms available in Marketplace West Dining Center, McNary Dining Center, and Weatherford Residential College. Visit their webpage to view room rates and features and to put in your reservation request. 

Reser Stadium and the rooms within it, Gill Coliseum, The Valley Football Center, Merritt Truax Indoor Center, and Trysting Tree Golf Club are included among the variety of Athletic Facilities owned by OSU. For a description of current OSU Athletic Department facilities, please visit osubeavers.com/facilities. For reservations, questions, and price lists, please email Sam Koken or call 541.737.3335. Pricing varies by location, whether stadium lighting is needed, and whether it is being reserved by a group internal or external to OSU. Expect additional costs for setup, custodial, security, and event management, which vary based on the type of event. 

Reservations use for the many outdoor areas, such as lawns and parking lots, on campus are coordinated by OSU Conference Services.  To reserve most outdoor areas on campus and/or to receive information on current pricing, contact OSU Conference Services at 541-737-2402. This includes all campus streets, park and lawn areas, parking lots, patios, malls, etc. (with the exceptions noted below).  For proper and timely consideration, Campus Grounds Use Requests MUST be submitted at least fourteen (14) days before the event date. If using any sort of sound for your event, you will need to fill out the OSU Sound Use Permit section in the Campus Grounds Use request. OSU Conference Services will send the Sound Permit to the appropriate departments and notify your student organization of acceptance. If you wish to have food at your event or need any equipment to make your event successful, please discuss your needs with OSU Conference Services.  

Note: OSU Conference Services is NOT responsible for the following campus grounds:

  • Memorial Union Quad: The MU Quad is reserved directly through MU Guest Services.
  • Valley Library Quad: The Valley Library Quad is NOT AVAILABLE for groups to use unless special approval is given.
  • Intramural Fields:
    • Women’s Intramural Fields are reserved directly by the Department of Public Health and Human Sciences in 123 Women’s Building. Contact this department at 541-737-6783 for more information.
    • Student Legacy Park, Peavy & South Intramural Fields are reserved through Dixon Recreation Center at 541-737-6783.
  • Campus Residential Lawns: Complete a Grounds Use Request with University Housing & Dining Services

The LaSells Stewart Center is a 40,000 square foot conference venue with high tech audio visual capabilities. It is comprised of Austin Auditorium, Construction & Engineering Hall, Giustina Gallery, several breakout rooms, an executive boardroom and additional event spaces. To see current availability in LaSells, you can visit their reservations calendar. To make a reservation in LaSells, or for rental pricing, you can contact OSU Conference Services (541.737.2120) at LSC.Services@oregonstate.edu. For more information about the LaSells Stewart Center, visit their webpage.

The CH2M HILL Alumni Center is a beautiful 40,000 square foot meeting and conference facility at Oregon State University. The center is comprised of the 7,000 square foot Cascade Ballroom, multiple breakout rooms and a stunning lobby. The variety of rooms offered at the center allows you the freedom to choose the most suitable space for your event. Whether you are hosting a large regional or national conference or a smaller local meeting or social event, the CH2M HILL Alumni Center will provide the perfect setting for your event.  To reserve space and to get a price quote for the facility, contact the Alumni Center Reservations and Event Coordinator at (541) 737-7869. If you would like to see room capacities and the floor plan for your reservation, please visit the room viewer on the OSU Alumni website.

Visit the OSU Recreational Sports facilities rentals pages for general information. Dixon Recreation Center, McAlexander Fieldhouse, Tennis Complex, Peavy Sports Fields, and Student Legacy Park, can all be rented out through Recreational Sports (Rec Sports). In order to reserve a space, you will need to complete and submit a Rental Request Form. Reservations are prioritized based on your relationship to Rec Sports and OSU. This prioritization classification and information necessary to submitting a rental inquiry can be found on the rentals page of the Recreational Sports website. Also see information about rental rates. There is limited equipment available to use with your rental. Please contact Dixon Recreation Center to see if they can accommodate your equipment needs. Food and beverages are only allowed in the designated lounge areas at Dixon Recreation Center, Stevens Natatorium, and Student Legacy Park. Food and beverages are not allowed in other Rec Sports Facilities. No open drink containers are allowed in any activity area. Water may be carried in squeeze bottles with secure lids into all Rec Sports Facilities. Rec Sports requires Voluntary Student Organizations to purchase a certificate of insurance for their activities. 

To reserve one of the Cultural Resource Centers, which are part of the Department of Diversity and Cultural Engagement, fill out the online webform. Before placing your request, be sure to review the reservation policy, found at the bottom of the reservation page, for important information about use of space, costs, food policies, and more. Note that before requests are approved, Diversity and Cultural Engagement will evaluate alignment of your activity with the mission and mission of DCE and with the Cultural Resource Center being requested.